Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship? No. We are not equipped to ship our products. The extra cost of packaging, handling, and overnight shipping makes this option prohibitively expensive.
Do you accept pre orders? We only accept pre orders for 3 dozen or more with special rules for Weddings. See our order ahead page.
What about large pre orders? We reserve the right to limit large pre orders based on our ability to supply our retail locations; however, we appreciate those customers wishing to place a large order and do our best to fill them subject to the following terms.
- Orders must be for 3 dozen or more.
- Orders must be placed and paid for 3 days in advance.
- We do not deliver but orders can be picked up at any of our retail locations.
- Because we work with seasonal and locally sourced goods NO flavors are guaranteed
What about orders for Weddings? Weddings are wonderful occasions and we are are always pleased when people want FDB to be a part of their special day. However, weddings do create particular issues for us. Almost all weddings take place on the weekend which is our busiest time when we already face the challenge of providing enough product for our retail outlets. Also, weddings often present special challenges in terms of planning, specific requests, and deadlines. Therefore, these are our terms for wedding orders:
- Orders must be a minimum of 36 products. (We recommend one per guest.)
- Orders must be placed and prepaid one week in advance. (Prepaid orders are non refundable.)
- Wedding orders for specific non staple flavors are subject to a 10% surcharge due to the reasons listed above.
- We do not deliver but orders may be picked up at any of our retail locations.
- Due to the seasonality of our flavors and ingredients we absolutely do not guarantee every flavor requested. If you have sensitivities or allergies, please let us know ahead of time, and we will do our best to insure none of those flavors are part of your order.
Why are your donuts more expensive than regular doughnuts? There are several reasons why our doughnuts cost more. Here are three.
- We use only the finest ingredients. We use the highest quality "grass fed" butter. All of our ingredients are non-GMO whenever possible. We buy organic and locally sourced whenever possible. We avoid soy whenever possible. These ingredients cost more and they are not what you find in a regular doughnut or even advertised in any croissant doughnuts we've found.
- It takes four days to make a 100 Layer Doughnut. Most traditional doughnuts take three hours or less to make. Additionally, our doughnuts are far more labor intensive. Regular doughnuts are generally dipped and decorated in bulk. Ours are handled individually, requiring more love and care by an actual human.
- This is a different doughnut eating experience. With regular doughnuts, most people absentmindedly will eat two or three, maybe even four. With the 100 Layer Doughnut, most people fully engage and enjoy every bite of one to two doughnuts. Weight for weight two 100 layer Doughnuts weigh about the same as 10 regular glazed doughnuts. Instead of comparing a 100 Layer Doughnut to a regular doughnut, a better comparison would be an order on a restaurant dessert menu or at a specialty dessert shop.
How can I find out what flavors are available? Check out our monthly menu online for a list of current offerings. For a specific day, the best way is to simply call our locations. We will be happy to tell you what flavors are in-stock.
Do you do special designs? Although we have done special designs on occasion for promotional purposes this is not something we are equipped to offer to the general public.
Do you sell Five Daughters Bakery gift cards? Yes. Gift cards are available in various denominations at our retail outlets.
What about nutritional information? Because our products change every season (and sometimes every week) it is cost and time prohibitive for us to perform independent 3rd party nutritional analysis. We do however have nutritional analysis for our paleo base flavors. If you are interested in this information please email email@example.com with the request.